COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Broome Tours have COVID-19 Safety Procedures for specific workplaces onboard vessel “Ballena”. These documents are visible to the public at all locations and are available by email upon request at any time.
Key Points to COVID-19 Safety Plans (Tours, Retail & Hospitality)
Social / Physical Distancing
- Ensure min. 1.5 metre separation between people, workers, customers and members of the public at all times, including all tours and vessels.
- Regular monitoring of the number of visitors inside the premises at all times and take measures to reduce numbers if required
- Numbers of customers capped in accordance with Government COVID-19 restrictions of group sizes and Private Tours available on request.
- Maintain records of patrons for the purposes of contact tracing.
Health and Hygiene
- Regularly cleaning of hands for minimum 20 seconds using soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub, by all staff, and by encouragement to all customers.
- Hand sanitiser available at entrance to all tour areas, tenders, vehicles and next to any other high-contact points, ensuring it is positioned out of reach of small children.
- Cough and/or sneeze with a single-use tissue or into a flexed elbow. Tissue to be put in bin and immediate washing of hands.
- Avoid touching mouth, eyes and nose with unwashed (or un-gloved) hands.
- All staff to remain home of sick or with minor symptoms, self isolating with ANY flu-like symptoms.
- Seek medical advice in the case of fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath. Call your preferred GP or HealthDirect 1800 022 222.
- Mandatory self-isolation for 14 days if coming in contact with anyone who has tested positive to COVID-19.
- If tested positive to COVID-19, mandatory self-isolation for 14 days from the time tested positive and seek own medical advice.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Surfaces
- Follow the Cleaning and Disinfecting Schedule to clean all surfaces in high contact areas.
- Daily surface cleaning, and more regular cleaning in more frequently touched surfaces areas between uses.
- Frequent disinfection for any areas of very high volume customer or visitation, including but not limited to, buses, tenders, bar areas and vessel amenities.
Communications with Customers & Staff
- Display safety posters around all public areas, and in appropriate community languages to communicate messages about physical distancing, hygiene, cough and sneeze behaviour
Food & Beverage
- Maintain records of patrons for the purposes of contact tracing, including take-away.
- Ensure a maximum number of dine-in patrons (as per State Govt requirements).
- Alcohol only to be served axillary to food being provided.
- Ensure staff complete the AHA Hospitality and Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course.
- Carefully manage waiting areas to ensure social distancing.