Pearling & Sailing Adventure
Duration: 4 Hours
- Four hour pearling tour including relaxing cruise aboard our 42ft catamaran “Ballena”
- Cygnet Bay ‘Pearl Expert’ to profer Broome’s complete pearling story
- Pearl meat delicacy to try, including complimentary delicious canapes and lunch
- Witness a live pearl harvest onboard
- Air-conditioned saloon, shaded decks and cushioned seating options
- Courtesy bus transfers from your accommodation in Broome to Gantheaume Point
- Fully serviced bar, including beer, wine, cocktails and more
- Sailing, boom net swimming and possible wildlife sightings
Immerse yourself in Broome’s rich pearling culture and set sail from the shores of Cable Beach.
Join us on a sailing adventure off Cable Beach. Learn all about Broome’s iconic Australian South Sea Pearling Industry, from the first recorded use of pearl shell by the local Yawuru and neighbouring Indigenous peoples of the Kimberley Coast over 22,000 years ago, to the hay days of the early 1900s Mother of Pearl industry that built Broome and today’s modern pearl aquaculture farming techniques.
Broome Tours has partnered up with Cygnet Bay Pearls and Pearls of Australia to bring you Broome’s most unique and well rounded pearling tour. Encapsulating the towns history, indigenous foundations, ecosystem sustainably and catamaran access to the infamous pearling grounds.
Departing form Gantheaume Point, the most southern part of Cable Beach, we jump aboard the Ballena – our 42ft sailing catamaran for a cruise like no other. As we cruise out over pearl oyster beds home to the giant Pinctada Maxima native pearl oyster, our inhouse ‘pearl expert’ from Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm will take you through some of the fascinating aspects of pearling, from how they fish for shell in the wild to the intricate method of culturing the South Sea Pearl including a live pearl harvest. If the weather and winds are right, we will cruise out to one of the pearling leases otherwise, we’ll hug closer to the shore keeping an eye out for the abundant wildlife including whales, dolphins, turtles, and manta rays which all visit Cable Beach throughout season. Relax with canapes served throughout, access to a fully serviced bar, delicious lunch and your chance to try the rare delicacy of pearl meat…
Finally we head back to shore where you will continue your pearling adventure at the Cygnet Bay Pearling Exhibition Space in Chinatown. We’ll get hands on with some of the world’s finest pearls and learn all about what happens to a pearl after they are harvested and what makes up the final ‘value’ of a pearl.
This tour has it all; sailing, wildlife & eco cruise, pearling tour, a delicious lunch, pearl meat, fully serviced bar and return bus transfers from your accommodation, it really does represent the best value day cruise in Broome. Whether it’s history, relaxation, education, indigenous connection, sustainability, or a mixture of all while you cruise along Cable Beach’s tranquil waters, this adventure will truly deliver.
- Return transfers to nominated Broome accommodation
- Tender to/from the beach
- Complimentary canapes
- Use of boom nets
- Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages and additional snacks for purchase from our fully licensed bar
- Cygnet Bay products for purchase
What to bring
- Bathers & Towel
- Thongs or slip-off shoes
- Water bottle
- Slip-on shoes advised for beach departure and landing
& Sunset Cruise
Experience one of the worlds most idyllic locations to witness the Humpback Whale migration!
There’s nothing quite as perfect as watching the sunset aboard the Broome Tours yacht – Ballena. Designed for families and couples.
Are you celebrating a special occasion or planning a trip with friends that you’ll never forget? You can book the Ballena as private charter.
2/274 Port Drive, Broome WA 6725
+61 (0) 472 608 271
+61 (0) 481 385 346